Chicken Veggie Bowl
Chicken, vegetables and rice. So simple yet so tasty. This chicken veggie bowl is a delicious medley flavor.
Get Our Free Guide
Enter your email address to receive a comprehensive guide to tackling Medicare with foreword from best-selling author and creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine, Denise Austin.
Time: 30 minutes of prep & 25 minutes of cooking / Servings: 2
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ sweet potato, cubed (optional)
Chicken Seasoning Recipe:
- 1 teaspoon Dash* Salt Free: Garlic & Herb
- 1 teaspoon Dash* Salt Free: Onion & Herb
- 1 teaspoon Dash* Salt Free: Original Blend
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
*Mrs. Dash, salt free seasonings are known called “Dash”
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus 1/8 teaspoon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Pico de Gallo Ingredients:
- Get the full recipe here.
- Combine the chicken seasoning ingredients into a small bowl.
- Coat chicken breasts with the seasoning and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Create the Pico de Gallo and set aside.
- Cook white or brown rice, according to the instructions on the rice’s packaging.
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice broccoli and cauliflower heads in half and cut the florets off.
- Cut ½ sweet potato into cubs (optional)
- Coat the broccoli, cauliflower (and optional sweet potato) with 2 tablespoons of oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt in a large bowl.
- Place vegetables cut-side down on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until the stems are tender and browned. About 25-30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, coat a skillet with cooking oil and cook the chicken breasts until blackened and at an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and dice.
- Create the vinaigrette by combining the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Once the roasted vegetables are done, drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetable mix.
- Plate the rice, veggies, chicken and top with Pico de Gallo. Then serve.
Ensurem Trusted Expertise
Education is crucial in finding the right Medicare solution for you. With so many Medicare resources out there, it can be difficult finding a source you can trust. That’s why Ensurem has a Compliance Program dedicated to ensuring our Medicare content meets Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. So, you can rest assured you’re getting the information you need to make the right coverage decisions.
Denise Austin, 65, Ensurem Ambassador
Best-Selling Author, Creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive tips, articles, videos and more to help you live your best life. Community member also get access to exclusive content from Denise Austin!
Enroll Your Way
Shop and enroll on your own time with Emma
Have our virtual assistant, Emma, guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.
Shop and enroll over the phone with an agent
Speak with one of our licensed insurance agents who can guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.