Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Transport to Nonna’s kitchen in Tuscany with one bite of this savory dish. This creamy, guilt-free recipe will leave you feeling satisfied and well-traveled.
Get Our Free Guide
Enter your email address to receive a comprehensive guide to tackling Medicare with foreword from best-selling author and creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine, Denise Austin.
Time: 30 minutes / Servings: 7
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups almond milk (non-sweetened) or lite coconut milk
- 3 cups baby spinach or arugula
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups short pasta
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- A pinch of ground pepper
For those on Dialysis watching their potassium levels, substitute sun-dried tomatoes for cherry tomatoes cut in half and spinach for arugula.
If you don’t have Italian seasoning handy, use ¼ teaspoon of the following dry seasonings: basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the packaging.
- Chop the chicken into small 1-inch pieces and place it into a bowl. Stir in the oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the tomatoes of choice and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and flour until there are no lumps.
- Pour the milk mixture over the cooked chicken in the pan and mix well. Allow the sauce to cook and bubble for a few minutes to thicken.
- Add the spinach or arugula once the sauce is done, and stir until wilted.
- Add cooked pasta together with grated parmesan and enjoy!
Ensurem Trusted Expertise
Education is crucial in finding the right Medicare solution for you. With so many Medicare resources out there, it can be difficult finding a source you can trust. That’s why Ensurem has a Compliance Program dedicated to ensuring our Medicare content meets Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. So, you can rest assured you’re getting the information you need to make the right coverage decisions.
Denise Austin, 65, Ensurem Ambassador
Best-Selling Author, Creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive tips, articles, videos and more to help you live your best life. Community member also get access to exclusive content from Denise Austin!
Enroll Your Way
Shop and enroll on your own time with Emma
Have our virtual assistant, Emma, guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.
Shop and enroll over the phone with an agent
Speak with one of our licensed insurance agents who can guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.