Healthy French Toast
For people with chronic kidney disease (CKD), especially end stage, this breakfast comfort food staple is an excellent way to get extra protein into your diet with eggs and almond butter. If you have heart issues, this healthy French toast is low in sodium and has good Omegas.
Get Our Free Guide
Enter your email address to receive a comprehensive guide to tackling Medicare with foreword from best-selling author and creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine, Denise Austin.
Time: 5 minutes of prep & 4-9 minutes of cooking / Servings: 1
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 slices, (EZEKIEL 4:9® SESAME SPROUTED WHOLE GRAIN BREAD)
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional Toppings: unsalted butter, maple syrup, fruit, powdered sugar or almond butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites, vanilla and cinnamon.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. While the olive oil is heating up, dip the Ezekiel bread slices (however many can fit in your skillet) in the bowl mixture for 3 seconds per side. Place in the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Keep warm in the oven on a cookie sheet at 250 degrees Fahrenheit until ready to serve. Serve warm with almond butter or butter, maple syrup, fruit or powdered sugar.
Ensurem Trusted Expertise
Education is crucial in finding the right Medicare solution for you. With so many Medicare resources out there, it can be difficult finding a source you can trust. That’s why Ensurem has a Compliance Program dedicated to ensuring our Medicare content meets Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. So, you can rest assured you’re getting the information you need to make the right coverage decisions.
Denise Austin, 65, Ensurem Ambassador
Best-Selling Author, Creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive tips, articles, videos and more to help you live your best life. Community member also get access to exclusive content from Denise Austin!
Enroll Your Way
Shop and enroll on your own time with Emma
Have our virtual assistant, Emma, guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.
Shop and enroll over the phone with an agent
Speak with one of our licensed insurance agents who can guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.