High-Protein Recipe: Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich
Get Our Free Guide
Enter your email address to receive a comprehensive guide to tackling Medicare with foreword from best-selling author and creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine, Denise Austin.
Looking for a delicious, filling way to start your day, then look no further. This savory breakfast classic has 26 grams of protein and only 12 grams of total fat.
NOTE: This item has high sodium levels and is not recommended for those with high blood pressure issues.
- 1 whole egg (cage-free)
- 1 egg white (cage-free)
- 1 slice of turkey bacon
- 1 slice of reduced fat cheese
- 1 slice of tomato
- 1⁄2 whole-grain English muffin
- 1⁄2 cup grapes (or 1/2 cup any preferred fruit)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Toast the English muffin half in a toaster or toaster oven. While toasting, cut the tomato
- Coat a small skillet with nonstick cooking oil spray and heat over medium heat.
- Whip together the egg and egg white. Add the eggs to the skillet and scramble until the egg is fully cooked.
- Layer the cooked eggs onto the English muffin. Top with the cheese.
- Wipe out the skillet. Add the turkey bacon and cook until hot and crispy.
- Layer the turkey bacon onto the egg sandwich. Top with the tomato slice.
- Serve the grapes, or your choice in fruit, on the side.
Ensurem Trusted Expertise
Education is crucial in finding the right Medicare solution for you. With so many Medicare resources out there, it can be difficult finding a source you can trust. That’s why Ensurem has a Compliance Program dedicated to ensuring our Medicare content meets Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. So, you can rest assured you’re getting the information you need to make the right coverage decisions.
Denise Austin, 65, Ensurem Ambassador
Best-Selling Author, Creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive tips, articles, videos and more to help you live your best life. Community member also get access to exclusive content from Denise Austin!
Enroll Your Way
Shop and enroll on your own time with Emma
Have our virtual assistant, Emma, guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.
Shop and enroll over the phone with an agent
Speak with one of our licensed insurance agents who can guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.