Moroccan Chicken And Couscous Bowl
Ready in 30 minutes this recipe is packed with protein and veggies, this makes a perfect meal any day of the week. Spices used to make up the Moroccan spice mix are cinnamon, cumin, ground ginger, black and/or white pepper, saffron, turmeric, hot red peppers, sesame seed, and sweet paprika.
Get Our Free Guide
Enter your email address to receive a comprehensive guide to tackling Medicare with foreword from best-selling author and creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine, Denise Austin.
- 1 ½ chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of Moroccan spice
- (store bought or use recipe below)
- ¼ tomato paste
- ¾ low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt OR tzatziki
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- Olive Oil
Moroccan Spice Mix:
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger(minced)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Mix together the diced red onion, diced cherry tomatoes and diced cucumber into a
bowl and set aside.
- Bring 1 ½ cup of salty water or low sodium chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan.
Once boiling, stir in the couscous and place the lid on and take it off the heat.
- Let the couscous steam until you cook the chicken then fluff it with a fork.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, 1 tablespoon of Moroccan spice mix, and 1 tablespoon
of oil. Mix well to combine.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4
minutes until starting to brown, but not entirely cooked.
- Stir in the tomato paste in low sodium broth and continue to cook until the sauce
thickens, and chicken is cooked through 5-7 minutes.
- Divide the couscous among four bowls, then top with fresh chopped veggies and
- Add some yogurt or tzatziki to each bowl and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley
Ensurem Trusted Expertise
Education is crucial in finding the right Medicare solution for you. With so many Medicare resources out there, it can be difficult finding a source you can trust. That’s why Ensurem has a Compliance Program dedicated to ensuring our Medicare content meets Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. So, you can rest assured you’re getting the information you need to make the right coverage decisions.
Denise Austin, 65, Ensurem Ambassador
Best-Selling Author, Creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive tips, articles, videos and more to help you live your best life. Community member also get access to exclusive content from Denise Austin!
Enroll Your Way
Shop and enroll on your own time with Emma
Have our virtual assistant, Emma, guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.
Shop and enroll over the phone with an agent
Speak with one of our licensed insurance agents who can guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.