Sesame Orange Chicken
Who said all Chinese food is unhealthy and fried? This guilt-free recipe can be ready in just 45 minutes. Enjoy that take-out feeling without the delivery fee.
Get Our Free Guide
Enter your email address to receive a comprehensive guide to tackling Medicare with foreword from best-selling author and creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine, Denise Austin.
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups green beans
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (from an orange)
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 inch ginger, fresh (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions or green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili f
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups white rice (optional)
- Orange slices to garnish (optional)
(Note: Rice prep time and cooking can take more than 20 minutes. Get the rice cooking in the background before moving onto the next step.
Skip to Step 2 if you’re not eating rice.)
- (Optional, if Eating with Rice) Rinse rice under water until the water runs clear, add 4 cups of water and 2 cups of white rice into a large pot, bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt to water (optional) once water boils, reduce heat to low/simmer and cover the pot with a lid, cook for 18 minutes with the pot lid on until water is absorbed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add chicken,
and sprinkle with garlic powder, chili flakes sea salt and pepper.
- Stir the chicken until it is golden brown and cooked through, then set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet add the remaining olive oil, and stir fry the ginger, with the green beans for
8-10 minutes until they start to blacken.
- Whisk orange juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over the
stir-fried green beans and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and mix with the green beans and sauce.
- Place a lid on the saucepan and allow chicken to reheat for several minutes.
- Place ½ cup of rice in each bowl, add ½ cup of chicken and green beans into the bowl and garnish with scallions, sesame seeds and orange slices.
Ensurem Trusted Expertise
Education is crucial in finding the right Medicare solution for you. With so many Medicare resources out there, it can be difficult finding a source you can trust. That’s why Ensurem has a Compliance Program dedicated to ensuring our Medicare content meets Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. So, you can rest assured you’re getting the information you need to make the right coverage decisions.
Denise Austin, 65, Ensurem Ambassador
Best-Selling Author, Creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive tips, articles, videos and more to help you live your best life. Community member also get access to exclusive content from Denise Austin!
Enroll Your Way
Shop and enroll on your own time with Emma
Have our virtual assistant, Emma, guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.
Shop and enroll over the phone with an agent
Speak with one of our licensed insurance agents who can guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.