Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Once the temperature starts to drop, it’s time for soup season! Soups can be a healthy, filling and easy dish to make from home with the right ingredients. This comforting chicken noodle soup recipe is loaded with veggies and lean protein, plus it doesn’t get any easier to make using a slow cooker.
With the slow cooker, this chicken noodle soup cooks in the background until you’re ready to eat.
Get Our Free Guide
Enter your email address to receive a comprehensive guide to tackling Medicare with foreword from best-selling author and creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine, Denise Austin.
This recipe can also be prepared on the stovetop in a standard pot or Dutch oven if you don’t have a slow cooker.
Time: 10 minutes prep/3-4 hours cook on High or 6-8 hours on Low / Servings: 6
- 1 ½ pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-in. coins (about 3-4 medium sticks)
- 1 ½ cup Onion, finely chopped (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup Celery, finely chopped (about 3 ribs)
- ½ tablespoon fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Fresh Tyme (chopped), or ¾ teaspoon dried Tyme
- 1 teaspoon Fresh rosemary (chopped), or ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 Bay leaves
- 3.5 cups Egg Noodles (or 8 oz.)
Directions (With Slow Cooker):
- Place all your ingredients into a 6-quart slow cooker except the egg noodles.
- Cook on the low setting for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- About 20-30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred the chicken with forks. Once shredded, place the chicken back into the slow
- Add the egg noodles to the slow cooker and cook for 25-30 minutes on the high setting, or cook the egg noodles separately per the instructions on the packaging.
- Remove the bay leaves, serve and enjoy!
Directions (on Stovetop):
- Cook chicken in a skillet until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil in a pan and sauté celery, onion and garlic until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- After the chicken has rested, either shred the chicken with forks or cut it into pieces to your liking.
- Stir in carrots, bay leaves and remaining spices.
- Add cooked chicken, chicken broth, and noodles into the pot. Cover on a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low heat and simmer for at least 25-30 minutes.
- For firmer, chewier egg noodles, cook the noodles separately according to the packaging.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare the pasta by following the instructions on the packaging.
- Remove bay leaves, add cooked pasta (if prepared separately), stir to combine and serve.
Ensurem Trusted Expertise
Education is crucial in finding the right Medicare solution for you. With so many Medicare resources out there, it can be difficult finding a source you can trust. That’s why Ensurem has a Compliance Program dedicated to ensuring our Medicare content meets Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. So, you can rest assured you’re getting the information you need to make the right coverage decisions.
Denise Austin, 65, Ensurem Ambassador
Best-Selling Author, Creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive tips, articles, videos and more to help you live your best life. Community member also get access to exclusive content from Denise Austin!
Enroll Your Way
Shop and enroll on your own time with Emma
Have our virtual assistant, Emma, guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.
Shop and enroll over the phone with an agent
Speak with one of our licensed insurance agents who can guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.