Vegetable Egg Quiche
Ready in less than an hour, this filling breakfast is a terrific way to start your day.
Get Our Free Guide
Enter your email address to receive a comprehensive guide to tackling Medicare with foreword from best-selling author and creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine, Denise Austin.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium tomato (sliced or diced)
- 1 medium bell pepper (red, yellow or orange)
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Chop the onion,
bell pepper and parsley.
- Add 3 teaspoons olive oil to a frying pan and heat on medium high. Add onions and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, then add the bell pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring to prevent burning, once almost cooked add the spinach –
if you wish to add spinach. Remove from burner and let mixture cool.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add almond milk, flour, salt and black pepper. Continue to beat until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add cooked vegetables and parsley to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-oiled (olive oil) baking pie dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes, until quiche is firm in the center.
- Allow to cool and garnish with parsley if desired. Cut into 6-8 pieces and serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days
- If using dried parsley decrease the amount to 1 teaspoon.
Ensurem Trusted Expertise
Education is crucial in finding the right Medicare solution for you. With so many Medicare resources out there, it can be difficult finding a source you can trust. That’s why Ensurem has a Compliance Program dedicated to ensuring our Medicare content meets Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. So, you can rest assured you’re getting the information you need to make the right coverage decisions.
Denise Austin, 65, Ensurem Ambassador
Best-Selling Author, Creator of Fit Over 50 Magazine
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive tips, articles, videos and more to help you live your best life. Community member also get access to exclusive content from Denise Austin!
Enroll Your Way
Shop and enroll on your own time with Emma
Have our virtual assistant, Emma, guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.
Shop and enroll over the phone with an agent
Speak with one of our licensed insurance agents who can guide you through the Medicare plan selection and enrollment process.